Friday, August 19, 2005

Gotta Find the Key


I seem to be in a bigger slump than Pudge Rodriguez. In the last three Salmon trips I have gone 2 for 17.

The action has been hot, but my hookup technique has gone cold. Set the hook; spit the hook. All except a screamer I had on last week. Something took a holographic lure at the end of a full color of lead core, ran well into my backing and broke the leader after 15 minutes.

Things will change this weekend. I'm taking a charter out of Manistee with Captain Paul. He's a Buick skilled tradesman who takes the whole month of August off to offer charters. He's very helpful and he'll get me back on track.

Charters are a great way to correct problems and learn new tricks. Plus a boatload of anglers catching fish is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home