Thursday, August 04, 2005

I Should be a Fishy Entrepreneur


I'd like to own a fish camp in the U.P. A nice piece on some good water with several rustic cabins and a fishy clientele.

My friend owned a resort on Munuscong Bay and it was hard work. I'm a hard worker and I don't drink anymore so hangovers don't keep me in bed til noon. I don't have to quit at 5 (it's always five o'clock somewhere). In fact I have so much more time that I have to fill my day with work. I knew there was a good reason for drinking.

But I'm a people person and a fisherman. I could guide fishermen to fish. And if not, I have a million excuses why the fish won't bite.

"The winds out of the east, fishin's the least." "The fish are smarter than you; for an extra hunerd, I'll (teach you some special tricks) (sell you my special lure)." "You shoulda been here last week." That's my favorite. I learned that one from my resort owner friend Joe.

I would have some amenities at the camp. WiFi, Internet access, fire pits. Of course, what is a UP camp without a suana, eh? And fish cleaners in bikinis. I'm not talking Toivo and Eino in speedos.

Yah, dat's my dream, eh. I even practice the Yooper language and write down the homey talk I hear. "She's as beautiful as a fresh-run Salmon and ready to spawn."

But then I wake up to reality. Actually it's my head hitting the keyboard. ggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home